This video based course provides delegates with comprehensive knowledge and understanding to prepare them for the APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification examination (based on the APM Body of Knowledge, 6th Edition).
The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly recognised as an indicator of competence in project management.
Once purchased, the Video Based Learning and associated exam are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exam within this timeframe.
This course is intended for project managers and aspiring project managers with at least two years project experience. Delegates should have experience of working in a project environment and have a basic understanding of project management issues.
At the end of this eLearning course you will be able to:
- Describe the management structure by which projects operate
- Explain the structure of project lifecycles
- Examine contexts and environments in which projects are delivered
- Define governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Plan and manage communication in the project environment
- Explain principles of leadership and teamwork
- Recognise the importance of stakeholder management
- Apply project management planning for success
- Describe project scope management
- Define and develop scheduling and resource management
- Prepare for effective project procurement
- Apply risk management, quality management and issue management
- Recognise the links between configuration management and change control
The APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification course follows the syllabus provided by APM, which is built around the APM Body of Knowledge 6th edition. The course provides delegates with a detailed understanding of the underpinning tools, techniques and principles that are fundamental to successful project delivery.
Contexts and environments in which projects can be delivered
- Organisation, sponsorship, infrastructure
- Life cycle models, extended life cycle, phases and stages
- Operations management, programme management, portfolio management, project environment, Health and Safety
- Governance of project management, role of structured methods in project governance
Communication within project management
- Importance of effective communications, communications within projects, communications plan
- Conflict management, negotiation
- Leadership, motivation, leadership styles
- Characteristics of teams and teamwork, creation, development and management of teams
Planning for success
- Use and contents of the business case, benefits management, investment appraisal
- Information Management
- Planning process, project management plan, estimating techniques
- Stakeholder management
- Project control
- Scope management, requirements management, configuration management, change control
- Time scheduling, Critical Path Analysis, Gantt charts, resource scheduling, Resource Smoothing and Levelling
- Budgeting and cost control
- Procurement in projects, procurement strategy, contracts and contractual relationships, provider selection and management
- Risk and issues, risk management and issue management processes, delegation and escalation
- Quality Management, quality planning, quality control, quality assurance, continual improvement, quality reviews
Recommended study period for this video based learning is approximately 35 hours
APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification Examination
The APMP examination is normally scheduled for 13:00
This Video Based product includes a classroom based examination:
The APMP examination will be booked at a QA Centre most convenient to you.
- 3 hours duration
- 10 essay-based questions to be selected from a total of 16. Each worth 50 marks
- Candidates are required to achieve a minimum of 275 marks out of 500 (55%) to pass
By successfully passing the APMP examination candidates can choose to further develop their knowledge and understanding by preparing for the APMPQ Assessment Centre (IPMA Level C).