AgileSHIFT is an AXELOS standard aimed at providing every function of an organization with knowledge and guidance to be able to understand, engage with and influence change by embracing agile and lean ways of working.
Agile awareness and guidance across the enterprise assists the adoption and intergradation of agile working practices across all business functions and aids change in a rapidly moving business environment.
AgileSHIFT is a tailorable, lightweight framework designed to support organizations to embed agile ways of working and develop a culture of agility to prepare organizations to adopt a ‘survive, compete and thrive’ mindset in an ever-changing marketplace.
The AgileSHIFT course follows the latest AXELOS syllabus and will prepare you for the AgileSHIFT examinatio n. This qualification provides you with the knowledge you need to adopt the ethos which underpins AgileSHIFT, demonstrate why transformation is important, recognize ways of working that could be incorporated into any transformation and be empowered to make small incremental improvements that will combine to create the wider change that your organization requires.
This course includes an online examination, and cannot be purchased without this official Axelos exam.
AgileSHIFT® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
AgileSHIFT prepares the entire organization to adopt enterprise agility. It is suitable for everyone regardless of role, function or seniority. Particularly suitable for those who have not been part of agile awareness or formal training sessions and need to be part of, support or contribute to agile teams and prepare for transformational change.
There are no specific pre-requisites to study the AgileSHIFT course or for entry to the examination.
- Why change is necessary in an organization for it to strive and succeed
- What agile and enterprise agility is and how it works
- Agile and lean ways of working to be able to adopt agile ways of working
- Their role in a culture of organizational-wide agility
We begin with an introduction to the course and what you can expect from the videos and quizzes in this Learning Path. This introduction allows you to gain further insight into:
- What AgileSHIFT is and why it benefits organizations
- The structure and components of the Learning Path; including how to use the reflective activities and case studies
- Hints and tips for getting the most out of this Learning Path
Module 1 – The Changing Context
- The impact of technology
- The nature of change in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world
- The technology shift and tech-centric activities
- Disruptors – who they are and what they do
- Identifying and managing the delta
- Understanding value
Module 2 – Running and Changing the Organization
- The difference between agile, Agile and agility
- Delivering value – run the organization and change the organization
- The advantages of being agile
- Multimodal working
Module 3 – The AgileSHIFT Framework
- Preparing for transformational change
- How the AgileSHIFT framework supports organizational transformation
- The path to value – outputs; outcomes; benefits and value
- The benefits of ongoing transformation
Module 4 – The AgileSHIFT Framework
- Organization complexity
- Working in an agile way
- Organization strategic alignment
- The role of middle management
Module 5 – AgileSHIFT Principles
- The five AgileSHIFT Principles and what they mean:
- Change will happen, so embrace it
- Focus on co-creation of customer value early and often
- Develop an environment where everybody adds value
- Challenge the status quo
- Tailor your approach
Module 6 – AgileSHIFT Practices
- The five AgileSHIFT Practices and what they mean:
- Engage stakeholders
- Build collaborative teams
- Plan to be flexible and adaptable
- Deliver iteratively and incrementally
- Measure value
Module 7 – AgileSHIFT Roles
- Effective AgileSHIFT teams
- The benefits of self-organizing teams
- Team development stages (Tuckman)
- Optimum team size for collaboration and communication
- The AgileSHIFT Coach
- The AgileSHIFT Sponsor
- The impact of technology on skills
Module 8 – AgileSHIFT Workflow
- Key stages of the workflow – the trigger, start-up, the iteration and close-out
- The AgileSHIFT Iteration in detail – iteration planning, the daily stand-up, the value demo, the iteration retrospective and cancelling an iteration
Module 9 – Tools and Techniques
- The tools and techniques used in AgileSHIFT
- An overview of project and programme management
Preparing for the Examination
The final module provides guidance on the structure, format and scoring mechanisms of the AXELOS AgileSHIFT examination and provides some hints and tips to help you succeed.
It contains a full mock examination that replicates the structure of the AgileSHIFT exam and a study guide summarizing the key learning points from the course to help you prepare.
This bundle also includes an online examination.