AgileSHIFT is an AXELOS standard aimed at providing every function of an organization with knowledge and guidance to be able to understand, engage with and influence change by embracing agile and lean ways of working.
Agile awareness and guidance across the enterprise assists the adoption and intergradation of agile working practices across all business functions and aids change in a rapidly moving business environment.
AgileSHIFT is a tailorable, lightweight framework designed to support organizations to embed agile ways of working and develop a culture of agility to prepare organizations to adopt a ‘survive, compete and thrive’ mindset in an ever-changing marketplace.
The AgileSHIFT course follows the latest AXELOS syllabus and will prepare you for the AgileSHIFT examinatio n. This qualification provides you with the knowledge you need to adopt the ethos which underpins AgileSHIFT, demonstrate why transformation is important, recognize ways of working that could be incorporated into any transformation and be empowered to make small incremental improvements that will combine to create the wider change that your organization requires.
This course includes an online examination, and cannot be purchased without this official Axelos exam.
AgileSHIFT® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
AgileSHIFT prepares the entire organization to adopt enterprise agility. It is suitable for everyone regardless of role, function or seniority. Particularly suitable for those who have not been part of agile awareness or formal training sessions and need to be part of, support or contribute to agile teams and prepare for transformational change.
There are no specific pre-requisites to study the AgileSHIFT course or for entry to the examination.
- Why change is necessary in an organization for it to strive and succeed
- What agile and enterprise agility is and how it works
- Agile and lean ways of working to be able to adopt agile ways of working
- Their role in a culture of organizational-wide agility
We begin with an introduction to the course and what you can expect from the videos and quizzes in this Learning Path. This introduction allows you to gain further insight into:
- What AgileSHIFT is and why it benefits organizations
- The structure and components of the Learning Path; including how to use the reflective activities and case studies
- Hints and tips for getting the most out of this Learning Path
Module 1 – The Changing Context
- The impact of technology
- The nature of change in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world
- The technology shift and tech-centric activities
- Disruptors – who they are and what they do
- Identifying and managing the delta
- Understanding value
Module 2 – Running and Changing the Organization
- The difference between agile, Agile and agility
- Delivering value – run the organization and change the organization
- The advantages of being agile
- Multimodal working
Module 3 – The AgileSHIFT Framework
- Preparing for transformational change
- How the AgileSHIFT framework supports organizational transformation
- The path to value – outputs; outcomes; benefits and value
- The benefits of ongoing transformation
Module 4 – The AgileSHIFT Framework
- Organization complexity
- Working in an agile way
- Organization strategic alignment
- The role of middle management
Module 5 – AgileSHIFT Principles
- The five AgileSHIFT Principles and what they mean:
- Change will happen, so embrace it
- Focus on co-creation of customer value early and often
- Develop an environment where everybody adds value
- Challenge the status quo
- Tailor your approach
Module 6 – AgileSHIFT Practices
- The five AgileSHIFT Practices and what they mean:
- Engage stakeholders
- Build collaborative teams
- Plan to be flexible and adaptable
- Deliver iteratively and incrementally
- Measure value
Module 7 – AgileSHIFT Roles
- Effective AgileSHIFT teams
- The benefits of self-organizing teams
- Team development stages (Tuckman)
- Optimum team size for collaboration and communication
- The AgileSHIFT Coach
- The AgileSHIFT Sponsor
- The impact of technology on skills
Module 8 – AgileSHIFT Workflow
- Key stages of the workflow – the trigger, start-up, the iteration and close-out
- The AgileSHIFT Iteration in detail – iteration planning, the daily stand-up, the value demo, the iteration retrospective and cancelling an iteration
Module 9 – Tools and Techniques
- The tools and techniques used in AgileSHIFT
- An overview of project and programme management
Preparing for the Examination
The final module provides guidance on the structure, format and scoring mechanisms of the AXELOS AgileSHIFT examination and provides some hints and tips to help you succeed.
It contains a full mock examination that replicates the structure of the AgileSHIFT exam and a study guide summarizing the key learning points from the course to help you prepare.
This bundle also includes an online examination.
- Exam included
- Online exam voucher
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.