This official Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning course enables you to learn whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
This official Microsoft On-Demand course provides you with:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90 days, allowing you to start and stop when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the environment.
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they've mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) manual for reference both during and after your course.
The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principals and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
This course uses Visual Studio 2012, running on Windows 8.
Students choosing to attend this course without a developer background should pay special attention to the training prerequisites. Developers who have more than 5 years programming experience may find that portions of this training are fundamental in nature when presenting the syntax associated with certain programming tasks.
Before attending this course, students must have at least three months professional development experience.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have a combination of practical and conceptual knowledge related to HTML5 programming. This includes the following prerequisites:
Understand the basic HTML document structure:
- Use HTML tags to display text content.
- Use HTML tags to display graphics.
- Use HTML APIs.
Understand how to style common HTML elements using CSS, including:
- Separating presentation from content.
- Managing content flow.
- Managing positioning of individual elements.
- Managing content overflow.
- Basic CSS styling
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes
Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
This module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
Lab : Exploring the Contoso Conference Application
- Walkthrough of the Contoso Conference Application
- Examining and Modifying the Contoso Conference Application
Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
This module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
Lab : Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Creating HTML5 Pages
- Styling HTML5 Pages
- Introduction to jQuery
- Displaying Data Programmatically
- Handling Events
Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input
- Creating a Form and Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data Source
This module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
- Retrieving Data
- Serializing and Transmitting Data
- Refactoring the Code by Using jQuery ajax method
Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements using CSS3
- Styling the Navigation Bar
- Styling the Page Header
- Styling the About Page
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
- Inheriting From Objects
- Refactoring Code to Use Objects
Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
This module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
Lab : Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
- Incorporating Video
- Incorporating Images
- Using the Geolocation API
Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
This module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user's browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
Lab : Adding Offline Support to a Web Application
- Implementing the Application Cache
- Implementing Local Storage
Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
This module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Creating a Print-Friendly Stylesheet
- Adapting Page Layout To Fit a Different Form Factor
Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
This module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
- Creating an Interactive Venue Map by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Creating a Speaker Badge by Using a Canvas Element
Module 12: Animating the User Interface
This module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
Lab : Animating User Interface Elements
- Applying Transitions to User Interface Elements
- Applying Key-Frame Animations
Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
This module explains how to use Web Sockets to transmit and receive data between an HTML5 Web application and a server.
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
Lab : Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
- Receiving Data from Web Socket
- Sending Data to a Web Socket
- Sending Multiple Types of Messages To or From a Web Socket
Module 14: Creating a Web Worker Process
This module describes how to use Web Worker Processes to perform long-running operations asynchronously and improve the responsiveness of an HTML5 Web application.
- Introduction to Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process
- Improving Responsiveness by Using a Web Worker
- Providing User Feedback During a Long-Running Process
can be used at any official exam centre on completion of your course