This official Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning course enables you to learn whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
This official Microsoft On-Demand course provides you with:
Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90 days, allowing you to start and stop when you need to.
Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the environment.
Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they've mastered the content.
Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) manual for reference both during and after your course.
Get hands-on instruction and practice planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise infrastructure in this 5-day Microsoft Official course.
This course is part one in a series of two courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to design and implement a Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an enterprise environment. The two courses collectively cover designing, planning, deploying, securing, monitoring, automating, and virtualizing an enterprise server infrastructure. This course covers the knowledge and skills needed to provide an enterprise solution that supports manual and automated server installations in a physical and virtual environment including the supporting file and storage services.
You will also learn the skills necessary to provide enterprise networking solutions such as DHCP, IPAM, VPN, and DirectAccess. You will also learn the skills necessary to design and implement a forest and domain infrastructure including multi domains/forest and branch office scenarios. This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Exam 413: Designing and Implementing and Server Infrastructure, which is the fourth of five exams required for MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification.
Please Note: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have experience administering Windows Server 2012 R2 and have an MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification or equivalent skills.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary. They have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 certification Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent skills. The course is also intended for IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure Certification.
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 R2 MCSA
Delegates can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- M20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- M20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- M20412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
M20417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Plan server upgrade and migration
- Plan and implement a server deployment strategy
- Plan and deploy servers by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution
- Design and implement name resolution
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure
- Design and implement an AD DS organizational unit (OU) infrastructure
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy
- Design and implement an AD DS physical topology
- Plan and implement storage and file services
- Design and implement network protection
- Design and implement remote access services
Module 1: Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
This module explains how to plan a server upgrade and migration strategy.
- Considerations for Upgrades and Migrations
- Creating a Server Upgrade and Migration Plan
- Planning for Virtualization
Lab : Planning a Server Upgrade and Migration
- Planning a Strategy for Server Upgrade and Migration
- Evaluating Candidates for Server Virtualization
Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Strategy
This module explains how to design an automated server installation strategy and plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Selecting an Appropriate Server Deployment Strategy
- Implementing an Automated Deployment Strategy
Lab : Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
- Planning an Automated Server Installation and Deployment Strategy
- Preparing the Windows Server 2012 R2 Image
- Deploying Windows Server 2012 R2
Module 3: Planning and Deploying Servers Using Virtual Machine Manager
This module explains how to plan and deploy a Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) infrastructure for deploying servers.
- System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Overview
- Implementing a Virtual Machine Manager Library and Profiles
- Planning and Deploying Virtual Machine Manager Services
Lab : Planning and Deploying Virtual Machines by Using Virtual Machine Manager
- Planning Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Components
- Planning Virtual Machine and Service Templates
- Implementing Virtual Machine Manager Components
Module 4: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
This module explains how to design and maintain IP address management (IPAM) and a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution.
- Designing DHCP Servers
- Planning DHCP Scopes
- Designing an IPAM Provisioning Strategy
- Managing Servers and Address Spaces by Using IPAM
Lab : Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and IP Address Management Solution
- Planning DHCP to Support Your Proposal
- Planning an IPAM Deployment
- Implementing DHCP and IPAM
Module 5: Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
This module explains how to design a name resolution strategy.
- Designing a DNS Server Implementation Strategy
- Designing the DNS Namespace
- Designing DNS Zones
- Designing DNS Zone Replication and Delegation
- Optimizing DNS Servers
- Designing DNS for High Availability and Security
Lab : Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Designing a Strategy for DNS Name Resolution
- Designing a Strategy for DNS Server Placement
- Designing DNS Zones and DNS Zone Replication
- Implementing DNS
Module 6: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
This module explains how to design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Designing an Active Directory Forest
- Designing and Implementing Active Directory Forest Trusts
- Designing Active Directory Integration with Windows Azure Active Directory
- Designing and Implementing Active Directory Domains
- Designing DNS Namespaces in Active Directory Environments
- Designing Active Directory Domain Trusts
Lab : Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest Infrastructure
- Designing an Active Directory Forest Infrastructure
- Implementing Active Directory Forest Trusts
Lab : Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Infrastructure
- Designing an Active Directory Domain Infrastructure
- Implementing an Active Directory Domain Infrastructure
Module 7: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Organizational Unit Infrastructure
This module explains how to design and implement an OU infrastructure and an AD DS permissions model.
- Planning the Active Directory Administrative Tasks Delegation Model
- Designing an OU Structure
- Designing and Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy
Lab : Designing and Implementing an Active Directory OU Infrastructure and Delegation Model
- Designing an Organizational Unit Infrastructure
- Implementing the OU Design
- Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Permissions Model
Module 8: Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
This module explains how to design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Collecting the Information Required for a GPO Design
- Designing and Implementing GPOs
- Designing GPO Processing
- Planning Group Policy Management
Lab : Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
- Designing a GPO Strategy
- Implementing the GPO Design
Module 9: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
This module explains how to design an AD DS sites topology and a domain controller placement strategy.
- Designing and Implementing Active Directory Sites
- Designing Active Directory Replication
- Designing the Placement of Domain Controllers
- Virtualization Considerations for Domain Controllers
- Designing Highly Available Domain Controllers
Lab : Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Physical Topology
- Designing Active Directory Sites and Replication
- Planning the Placement of Domain Controllers and Active Directory Replication
- Implementing Active Directory Sites and Domain Controllers
Module 10: Planning and Implementing Storage and File Services
This module explains how to plan and implement storage and file services.
- Planning and Implementing iSCSI SANs
- Planning and Implementing Storage Spaces
- Optimizing File Services for Branch Offices
Lab : Planning and Implementing Storage
- Planning a Storage Solution
- Implementing iSCSI Storage
- Configuring a Redundant Storage Space
Module 11: Designing and Implementing Network Protection
This module explains how to design and implement network protection.
- Overview of Network Security Design
- Designing and Implementing a Windows Firewall Strategy
- Designing and Implementing a NAP Infrastructure
Lab : Designing and Implementing Network Protection
- Designing a Windows Firewall Solution
- Implementing a Windows Firewall Solution
- Designing a NAP Solution
- Implementing NAP with IPsec Enforcement
Module 12: Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services
This module explains how to design and implement remote access services.
- Planning and Implementing DirectAccess
- Planning and Implementing VPN
- Planning and Implementing Web Application Proxy
- Planning a Complex Remote Access Infrastructure
Lab : Designing and Implementing Network Access Services
- Designing a Remote Access Strategy
- Planning and Implementing a DirectAccess Solution
- Planning and Implementing a VPN Solution
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
can be used at any official exam centre on completion of your course