CGI branded the initiative ‘Developing Exceptional People’ and wanted each of the webinars to
tie into its philosophy of innovation and excellence, with each module focusing on a related topic.
QA developed and delivered five modules:
- Authentic Leadership - An alternative leadership approach that harnesses emotional intelligence and self-awareness to drive results
- Innovative Leadership - A module that challenged leadership approaches and thinking to drive organisational achievement
- Great Development Conversations - Reinforcing the importance of managers taking ownership of performance conversations and the value that they bring to both the individual and the organisation
- Porter’s Five Forces - A module that challenged delegates’ perceptions of their roles and contribution to CGI using the Five Forces as a means to position, grow and ensure profitability in what they do
- The Feedback Loop - A session to help attendees understand the value of structured conversations that build relationships with colleagues and enable the sharing of feedback
During these highly interactive sessions, the trainer guided delegates through a series of onscreen
slides, videos and examples. To create a collaborative and stimulating environment,
delegates were able to message one another during the session to complete group activities and
a ‘whiteboard’ area was available for delegates to post thoughts and comments to be addressed
later in the event. Each session was recorded and posted on CGI’s intranet, providing a
valuable reference aid.
As well as developing and delivering the five modules above, QA contacted trainers from its
broad network of partner suppliers to provide additional topic content for other learning modules
relevant to CGI’s theme of innovation and excellence.