A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who possesses the additional skills, knowledge, and abilities required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. An RHCSA certification is required to earn Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
The RHCE exam is a hands-on, practical exam that lasts 2 hours. Candidates are eligible to take the RHCE exam without first having passed the RHCSA exam, but RHCE will not be issued until both credentials are earned.
The target audience for this certification
- Experienced Linux IT professionals – who currently have RHCSA certification, and are interested in earning an RHCE certification.
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills.
- Students who have attended Red Hat System Administration I, II and III or RHCE Rapid Track Course.
- Experienced Linux system administrators – who require a certification either by their organisation, or based on a mandate (DOD 8570 directive)
- Non-current RHCEs, who have already passed the RHCSA exam.
In preparation to earn the Red Hat Certified System Engineer (RHCE), we recommend the following: