Paul Gregory | 30 January 2013
System Center Orchestrator does not actually have any new features, but here are details of the new and updated integration packs.
New Integration Packs
- Exchange Administrator - Allows automation of on-premise Exchange 2010 SP2 & Exchange 2012 as well as Exchange with Office 365
- Exchange User - Allows Orchestrator to create and send emails, monitor a mailbox, reply to emails and manage appointments
- Representational State Transfer (REST) - Enables communication with REST based web services to retrieve data and perform allowed operations
Updated Integration Packs
- Active Directory - New and updated activities
- HP Service Manager - New and updated activities
- System Center Operations Manager - Updated to support changes introduced with SC SP1
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager - Updated to support changes introduced with SC SP1
- VMware vSphere - New and updated activities
Upgrading to SP1
Orchestrator does not have any interdependencies with the other systems center products, however if upgrading SCOM or SCVMM to SP1 then the updated integrations packs will be required.
Full upgrade documentation is available here .
Also remember QA has a full portfolio of Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012 training courses