Steve Brennan | 13 April 2015
A new way to learn for those with limited free time
Traditional classroom training courses will always be a popular way to develop new skills. However, as time becomes an increasingly limited resource and mobile working continues to grow, modern IT professionals are seeking new and more flexible ways to learn.
Video-based learning is ideal for those with limited free time because it provides ultimate flexibility. With video-based learning you are able to learn whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you.
If you are an experienced Microsoft IT professional wanting to develop new skills and achieve certification, but you are struggling to find the time to attend a live instructor-led class, then a Microsoft Video on Demand course could be the perfect solution.
Microsoft Video on Demand explained
QA recently partnered with Microsoft to offer an exclusive new series of official Microsoft Video on Demand courses based around Windows Server 2012 and Office 365 technologies. It is the first time customers in the UK have the opportunity to purchase and participate in official Microsoft training courses in this particular way, which for a limited period is only available from QA.
Accessed securely through a QA web portal, Microsoft Video on Demand courses provide you with 24/7 access to official video recordings of a Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) course. Recorded and delivered by Microsoft experts, the Video on Demand product provides you with:
- Access to the official Microsoft Video on Demand course for 90 days after the first log-in
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 180 days from the point of purchase
- A digital MOC (Microsoft Official Curriculum) manual
- A Certification Voucher to book your exam, which remains valid for 12 months from point of purchase
The value of certification and official Microsoft training
We continue to see double-digit growth in Microsoft certifications taken in the UK. A recent survey conducted by IDC highlights that 89% of managers think IT certifications help confirm subject matter knowledge and expertise, whilst 75% believe effective training increases the chances of a project meeting its deadlines.
Microsoft Video on Demand is unique – it is the only video-based learning product that aligns to official Microsoft courses and certifications. It bundles all the official Microsoft learning materials with an exam voucher, providing the ideal resources you need to become certified.
Is Microsoft Video on Demand for you?
Microsoft Video on Demand comes with many advantages:
- There is no need to wait for scheduled in-class courses – you can start your training immediately
- Learn at your own pace – start, stop, pause, jump or rewind sections of the course as needed
- Anytime access – learn when and where you want to
- No travel expenses
- Hands-on environment – reinforce your skills by practising in an online hosted-lab environment
- You can use your Microsoft Software Assurance vouchers to purchase these courses
If the above appeals to both your learning style and business circumstances then Microsoft Video on Demand is definitely worth consideration.
There are currently four courses in the initial launch phase, which include the Managing Office 365 Identities and Services course and three MCSA Windows Server 2012 courses to help IT professionals prepare for the Windows Server 2003 end-of-life due to take place in July. View the links below to find out further course details.
- Microsoft VOD Managing Office 365 Identities and Services
- Microsoft VOD Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft VOD Administering Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft VOD Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Want to find out more information?
View a demonstration and find out more information about the benefits and what’s included with the Microsoft Video on Demand courses.