Steve Brennan | 28 July 2015
QA is the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Learning Partner of the Year
I recently attended the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in Florida to receive QA's award for Microsoft Worldwide Learning Partner of the Year.
The award was presented during the Microsoft Learning Keynote speech. On behalf of all QA, I accepted the award from Phil Sorgen, Corporate Vice President of the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group.
Our success was based on our continued excellence in innovation and the implementation of learning solutions, particularly when it comes to Cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure. QA is a market leader in Cloud Computing training, and Cloud was the key theme at this year's conference.
"Mobile first, Cloud first"
Microsoft's vision is to be leader in Cloud and mobile technologies, products and services. Their focus is on two key areas:
- Owning the Cloud with Azure, Office 365 and CRM on-line
- Winning with Windows 10 – upgrading from Windows 7 and Windows 8 and having one unified OS platform across all devices (mobile and desktop)
Key Microsoft products and roadmaps announced
- Azure remains Microsoft’s biggest product focus and centres on Microsoft’s desire to own the Cloud OS and services space
- On-going product releases and changes in FY16 – including investment in Azure Machine Learning
- Big focus on Microsoft leading the way around Security in the Cloud and leading government policy changes in this area. This is seen as a critical USP in their competition with Amazon AWS
- Windows 10
- Consumer version launched July 29th with the Enterprise version release to be announced (expected to be early Autumn)
- Major updates expected to be released every 4 months
- Office 365, CRM on-line and Office 2016
- Continued commitment to Office 365 as the future of Microsoft in the productivity suite
- Office 2016 (and Exchange Server 2016, SharePoint 2016 and Lync for Business 2016) expected to be released in H2
- SQL Server 2016 and Big Data
- Release date of Microsoft’s latest database and analytics platform expected to be later this calendar year. Public preview available later this summer.
For more information on QA and Microsoft visit our Microsoft page.