Paul Gregory | 24 July 2012
The Microsoft Assessment Platform has been with us for some time now and has gone through some major upgrades in its features over the years.
Most people are unaware that MAP 7.0 the free of charge solution accelerator can do so many things. MAP 7.0 just added the following assessments:
- Plan your deployment of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 with hardware and infrastructure readiness assessments
- Size your desktop virtualization needs for both Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and session-based virtualization using Remote Desktop Services
- Ready your information platform for the cloud with SQL Server 2012
- Virtualize your existing Linux servers onto Hyper-V
- Identify opportunities to lower your virtualization costs with Hyper-V using the VMware migration assessment
On top of all this MAP can perform full software and hardware inventory of Windows and Linux systems, provide migration capabilities to migrate from MySQL, Oracle or Sybase to SQL Server. Assessment reports to Migrate from VMware to Hyper-V, and software usage reports for your estate. MAP is completely agentless so does not require software to be deployed onto the systems that need to be monitored.