Roger Knowles has been involved in the IT training industry since the mid-1990s. He works within London and the Southeast, spending time with some major clients on a very regular basis. Having authored courses relating to Advanced Excel Function Writing, PowerPivot and VBA for Excel, Roger is seen as one of the most knowledgeable Excel trainers. He has exceptional MS Office knowledge, along with MS Project and Visio, and also trains on Crystal Reports. On client sites, he has also created dedicated courses within the Office 365 suite of applications and Power BI.
Within the QA Team of trainers, Roger was voted trainer of the year for 2014. He is regularly the trainer to go to within his peer group for knowledge development.
Roger lives in North Kent with his wife and son, his daughter just graduated from MMU.
- All of the standard Microsoft Office applications, including OneNote, Project and Visio, specialising in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- The various Power features of Excel, including Power Pivot, Power Query and Power Map (3D Maps).
- Power BI Desktop and Online application, specialising in data cleansing and visualising data.
- Office 365, and many of the apps within, including Teams, Planner, OneDrive, Stream, and now looking into Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Excellent VBA knowledge for Excel, Access and Word.
- For the MS Office applications mentioned, all versions from around 20 years ago to the latest releases.
- For a specific oil industry client, Roger spends approximately 90 days a year as a Microsoft Consultant on all of the above topics and also as a Help Desk Consultant working on the client’s data, where accuracy on results and visualising data is required to very high standards.
- MOS Master Office 2019
- MOS Master Office 2016 and all previous versions where MOS exams were available
- MOS Master Instructor Office (all releases from Office 97)
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner
Roger’s first role in a scientific research organisation was for 13 years, followed by nearly 25 years in the training world, covering many industry areas for IT training purposes.
- Preferred trainer for Fidelity International training in London and the Southeast of England 2007-2019.
- Lead trainer for Kings College London: 2008-2017, with specialist courses he wrote on SPSS and also Thesis writing (the most popular Microsoft related course ever at KCL).
- Consultant/trainer for BP, London: 2014 – present. Covering all aspects of training and floor walking to support the users, highly sought after for his Excel/VBA skills, Power BI, Office 365 and SharePoint where needed.
- A main contact for Excel (and other MS Office) requirements to many different industry types, including banking, investment, media, communication and other industries: 2006 – present,
- A main contact to assist with graduate/intern programmes, from training needs analysis (TNA) questionnaire building and analysis through to delivery: 2008 – present,