Before entering the world of project management training, Anne-Marie Cosco had 10 years’ experience in the education sector, including being the Head of Drama at a secondary level, so she holds Qualified Teacher Status too.
She has been delivering project and programme management courses and workshops for nearly 5 years, holding events throughout the UK and Europe.
Anne-Marie would describe herself as a passionate and creative leader, who is able to develop and motivate people through her delivery skills by successfully tailoring the learning environment to maximise client success; improving their business practices and focus on achievement of benefits.
Some highlights of Anne-Marie's industry experience:
- Managed and assured governance projects within the education sector; primarily driven by legislation changes, ensuring compliance across the organisation.
- Successfully led a retail project using Lean Six Sigma, generating a 50% increase in profit margins for the department. This focused primarily on visual merchandising, training staff, actively listening to the customer and developing clear reporting lines between the shop floor and the buyers at Head Office – ensuring the products on offer matched consumers’ needs. This moved the department from 15th position divisionally to 2nd.
- Embedded PRINCE2 into a department which she led, resulting in the programme being rolled out across the organisation, and Anne-Marie becoming an ambassador for change.
- She was a member of the Operational Change Team in a multi-million-pound school build; designing the British school based on a school in Copenhagen, restructuring management and transforming the entire KS3 syllabus; and embedding Project-Based Learning. This resulted in a total re-branding and restructuring of the school and rejuvenated how lessons were delivered; igniting a passion for learning.
- Facilitated vision, benefit and stakeholder workshops within a variety of organisations, in line with global best practice; improved their PPM maturity and abilities to manage change.
Certifications and accreditations:
- Accredited PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner, 2017 and 2009 editions – PeopleCert
- Accredited MSP Foundation and Practitioner, 2011 edition – PeopleCert
- Accredited P30 Foundation and Practitioner, 2013 edition – PeopleCert
- Change Management Foundation and Practitioner, 2015 edition – APMG International
- Learning and Development Practitioner – TAP Learning
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belt – In-house qualification