We welcome the government’s announcement offering a Lifetime Skills Guarantee to help people train and retrain– at any stage in their lives – and “enable us not just to come through this crisis, but to come back stronger, and build back better.” transforming the foundations of the skills system.
Join our webinar, hosted by Tom O’Reilly, Head of Group Strategy at QA, to find out how the renewed focus can benefit your organisation, including:
- Reforming the system so that unspent funds can be used more easily to support apprenticeships not just in big companies, but in the SMEs where there is so much potential for job creation
- Allowing apprentices to continue their training if moving from one company so you are able to benefit from employees already studying their apprenticeships
- The expansion of digital boot camps – to enable adults to learn IT, at any age
- As part of the Lifetime Skills Guarantee, the Government will now fund technical courses for adults equivalent to A level, all of which teach skills that are highly in demand
- Expansion of apprenticeships, making it easier to get a high-quality apprenticeship
Head of Group Strategy at QA Ltd
Tom is Head of Group Strategy at QA, supporting all strategic decision-making, investments and proposition development across the company. Before QA, Tom spent 5 years in the Strategy and Corporate Finance practice at McKinsey, advising on organisational transformations worldwide. He was also a Senior Strategy adviser at the UK Department for Education. Tom holds a degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics from Oxford University.