Lead SCADA Security Manager training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to plan, design, and implement an effective program to protect SCADA systems. In addition, you will be able to understand common Industrial Control System (ICS) threats, vulnerabilities, risks related to the Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and techniques used to manage these risks. This training focuses on several aspects of security management and skills related to SCADA/ICS security.
Lead SCADA Security Manager training course is designed by industry experts with in-depth experience in SCADA and Industrial Control Systems Security. Unlike other trainings, this training course concentrates specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by a professional seeking to advice on, or manage risks related to SCADA environments and systems. Given the high profile nature and the significant impacts associated with such environments, a holistic professional approach to security is needed and that is exactly what this course is designed to provide.
In addition, to acquire the theoretical knowledge needed by a SCADA Security Manager, a comprehensive methodology for the implementation of a SCADA Security program is presented. Thus, at the end of this course, you will gain knowledge on how to effectively implement a security program for SCADA/ICS systems.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of SCADA Security, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Lead SCADA Security Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Lead SCADA Security Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead a team in managing SCADA Security.
A fundamental understanding of SCADA Security and / or ICS Security for Managers (QAICSMGR).
- Understand and explain the purpose and risks to SCADA systems, Distributed Control Systems and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Understand the risks faced by these environments and the appropriate approaches to manage such risks
- Develop the expertise to support a pro-active SCADA Security program, including policies and vulnerability management
- Define and design network architecture incorporating defense in advanced security controls for SCADA
- Explain the relationship between management, operational and technical controls in a SCADA Security program
- Improve the ability to design resilient and high availability SCADA systems
- Learn how to manage a program of effective security testing activities
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in SCADA Security
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practical tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Day 1: Introduction to SCADA and ICS;
- Course objectives and structure
- Fundamental principles and concepts of SCADA and SCADA Security
- Industrial Control Systems (ICS) characteristics, threats and vulnerabilities
Day 2: Designing a Security Program and Network Security Architecture;
- SCADA Security program
- Risk assessment
- Network security architecture for SCADA systems
Day 3: Implementing ICS Security Controls, Incident Management and Business Continuity;
- Implementation of security controls for SCADA systems
- Incident management
- Linkage to business continuity
- Monitoring, measurement analysis and evaluation
Day 4: Security testing of SCADA systems;
- Testing principles
- Legal and ethical issues
- Penetration testing approaches
- Security testing of ICS
- Management of a penetration test
- Documentation of the test, quality review and report
- Maintaining a testing program
- Competence and evaluation of SCADA Security Managers
The “PECB Certified Lead SCADA Security Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of SCADA and SCADA Security
Domain 2: Industrial Control Systems (ICS) characteristics, threats and vulnerabilities
Domain 3: Designing and developing an ICS Security Program based on NIST SP 800-82
Domain 4: Network security architecture for SCADA systems
Domain 5: Implementation of security controls for SCADA systems
Domain 6: Developing resilient and robust systems
Domain 7: Security testing of SCADA systems
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
Certification fees are included on the exam price.
Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
In case of exam failure , you can retake the exam within 12 months for free.
Cyber Security learning paths
Want to boost your career in cyber security? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.