Please note: Due to the dynamic nature of updates to Office 365 functionality by Microsoft, elements of the syllabus of this course can be subject to change without notice.
Please be aware that whilst this course is the appropriate option to prepare you for the related Microsoft exam, the topics and structure of the course can be confusing for delegates who are not interested specifically in certification. The course does not represent a deep dive into any of the various Office 365 technologies identified in the below course syllabus. Topics are treated as a high level introduction and there are limited practical lab exercises associated with the various modules.
If you are interested in an in-depth exploration of any specific Office 365 technology, QA recommends that you attend a Technical Mastering QA authored course from our Microsoft 365 curriculum which offers end to end detailed guidance and hands on labs for:
- Exchange Online and Exchange Hybrid
- Sharepoint Online and Sharepoint Hybrid
- Office 365 Teams
- Office 365 governance, compliance and security
- Sharepoint and Office 365 Modern Development
- Microsoft Flow and Microsoft PowerApps
- Microsoft 365 Hacking Workshop
- QA Microsoft 365 Hacking Workshop – 2 days
Please note: this course is curerntly due for release by Microsoft on the 31st January 2019. A public schedule will be added for this course as soon as possible. In the meantime please call for further information or to register interest.
In this course you will learn about the architecture of the modern messaging infrastructure with Exchange Server and Exchange Online and how to deploy messaging in different scenarios and organizations. You will be guided through the initial deployment process and introduced to the messaging management tools. You will learn how to create and manage different types of recipients, and how to create and manage Exchange Server mailbox databases, which serve as storage locations for all messaging data. Finally, you will be introduced to messaging infrastructure organizational settings, such as how to manage authentication for your messaging environment, how to configure quotas for users in the organization, and how to configure organization sharing with federation.
The Messaging Administrator deploys, configures, manages, and troubleshoots recipients, permissions, mail protection, mail flow, and public folders in both on-premises and cloud enterprise environments. Responsibilities include managing message hygiene, messaging infrastructure, and hybrid configuration and migration. The Messaging Administrator also implements and manages disaster recovery, high availability, and client access. The Messaging Administrator collaborates with the Security Administrator and Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator to implement a secure hybrid topology that meets the business needs of a modern organization. The Messaging Administrator should have a working knowledge of authentication types, licensing, and integration with Microsoft 365 applications.
This course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Messaging Administrator role.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the Modern Messaging Architecture
- Deploy and Manage a Modern Messaging Architecture
- Create and Manage Exchange Recipients
- Manage Email Addresses, Lists, and Resources
- Plan for Mailbox Databases
- Create and Manage Mailbox Databases
- Manage Authentication for Messaging
- Configure Organizational Settings
- Configure Organizational Sharing
Module 1: Managing Modern Messaging Infrastructure
- Overview of Modern Messaging Architecture
- Deploying Modern Messaging Infrastructure
- Managing Modern Messaging Infrastructure
Module 2: Managing Recipient Objects and Resources
- Exchange Recipients
- Creating and Managing Exchange Recipients
- Managing Email Addresses, Lists, and Resources
Module 3: Mailbox Databases in Exchange Server
- Mailbox Databases in Exchange Server
- Planning for Mailbox Databases
- Creating and Managing Mailbox Databases
- Troubleshooting Mailbox Databases
Module 4: Managing Organizational Settings
- Managing Authentication for Messaging
- Configuring Organizational Settings
- Designing Solutions for External Access
Module 5: Lab - Managing Recipient Objects and Infrastructure
Lab : Managing Recipient Objects and Infrastructure
- Exercise 1: Manage recipient objects
- Exercise 2: Set up organizational infrastructure and mail flow