Are you looking to turn your passion for graphic design into a career? Do you want to work for an organisation that invests in your learning and development? Are you looking for an opportunity to start an apprenticeship with a supportive business? Jackton Moor are on the lookout for a motivated, organised and confident individual to join the Purchasing and Stores department at their head office in East Kilbride. The Technical Design apprentice position is interviewing in January with an immediate start.
At Jackton Moor we provide a complete kitchen planning service from initial design to final installation and pride ourselves on continually designing ranges which share our dedication to the craft of real furniture and the sheer luxury of using the finest quality materials, fixtures and fittings to create a finish to your specific requirements.
The business committed to developing and supporting talent through apprenticeships. As well as recognising talent and promoting internally. You will be supported by a friendly team as well as a dedicated mentor and apprenticeship assessor.
Start with a 12 month Digital Applications Support apprenticeship, using multiple systems including Easy Quote (EQ), AutoCAD, ArtiCAD, ArtiVAR and Microsoft Office to expertly support the sales and design team. This project is within our sales department predominantly in the background operations rather than dealing direct with front end customer.
- Working with AutoCAD and ArtiVAR to create technical drawings for customers
- Using ArtiCAD (specific kitchen, bathroom and bedroom software) to support the sales and design team to present design options to customers
- Working with customers' briefs to create design presentations and reworking drawings/designs with customer feedback
- Using EQ to update design projects timelines and uploading final designs to the system to be used by the manufacturing team
- Using Microsoft Excel to manage costings for the customers
- Handling inbound customer calls in a polite and professional manner when necessary
- Managing emails on Microsoft Office from customers, the manufacturing team and the suppliers
- Working in a timely manner in a fast paced environment and completing ad hoc administration duties
- Ambitions to work within a Digital Technical Design position with a strong work ethic and open to new ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Broad computer literacy
- Good understanding and experience using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience or passion to work within a position that involves; Design & Drawing Rendering and Technical Drawing
08:00 - 16:45 (Monday - Thursday) 08:00 - 14:15 (Friday)
£10,000 - £12,000 per annum
Future Career Progression:
A salary review is subject to successful completion of Digital Applications Supports Apprenticeship
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.