Sorry, but we do not have public dates scheduled for this course but these courses can be run as a closed event for your company.
Please contact us for details on alternative ways we can help you 0845 757 3888 or email us at
A Technical Understanding for Business Users and Decision Makers
This one-day course provides a technical overview of Apache Hadoop for decision makers and business users. Students will obtain a deeper understanding of what is Big Data, Hadoop 2.0, the architecture and various technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem, and the business value that Hadoop provides.
- No prior knowledge of Hadoop is required
- No programming experience is required
Data architects, data integration architects, managers, C-level executives, decision makers, technical infrastructure team, and Hadoop administrators and developers who want to understand the fundamentals of big data and Hadoop 2.0 architecture.
- Understand Big Data
- Understand the various types of data stored in Hadoop
- Understand how Big Data and Hadoop fit into your current infrastructure and environment
- Recognize use cases for Hadoop
- Understand the path to ROI with Hadoop
- Recognize use cases for the various Hadoop frameworks like Pig, Hive, HCatalog, Oozie, Sqoop and Flume
- Explain the fundamentals of the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), YARN and MapReduce
- Recognize and explain the various use cases and options for inputting data into HDFS
- Understand where Hadoop is headed with new technologies like Tez, Stinger and Knox
There are no required labs in order to complete this course. Attendees have the option of installing the Hortonworks Sandbox and working through the demonstrations.
The instructors will perform the following demonstrations
- Using the Sandbox
- Understanding Block Storage
- Importing a Database Table into HDFS ™ using Sqoop
21 August 2014
I often feel I’m running the Red Queen’s race to ensure our delegates don’t have to.
It has been well documented that Windows Server 2003 will have support withdrawn on the 15th July 2015.
19 June 2014
If you read the tech press, you would think absolutely everybody was moving to the cloud. But is that just hype, or is it really true? And if it’s true, what benefits are they getting from it?
SharePoint 2013 and Internet Explorer 10 have a stormy relationship. I think it's time for marriage guidance counselling.
31 January 2014
The App-V 5.0 package format is very different from the previous 4.5/4.6 version, and the App-V 5.0 client is not compatible with the earlier package versions. To help protect your sequencing investment, Microsoft included two PowerShell commands on the sequencer to aid in migration: Test-AppVLegacyPackage and ConvertFrom-AppVLegacyPackage. The first tests the old package for known constraints, while the second attempts to convert the package to the new format
One of the things we're regularly asked on courses is "is there a quicker way to do xyz?"
Very often the answer is a resounding 'yes'.
So, I thought with this post I'd cover my favourite (and most commonly used) top 20 shortcuts when working with Adobe Photoshop (either in Creative Suite or Creative Cloud).
See all related blogs