In Microsoft Excel 2007 courses: Level 1 and Level 2, you would have learnt to write formulas and functions to perform calculations using a variety of techniques. This course takes function writing to the next level and teaches you many more functions within Microsoft Excel 2007. It introduces you to additional keyboard commands, shortcuts and features related to writing functions.
You will use the advanced features of Microsoft Excel 2007 to attain a high degree of proficiency as an Excel power user within the area of writing functions.
You will be introduced to various new function compositions, and introduced to Functions that have been added in different versions of Excel 2003/2007.
This course is designed for intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel professionals who may work or be interested in the domains of finance, statistics, project analysis, market analysis or general data manipulation.
The target delegates for this course are people who want to get the most out of their data by learning various analysis functions. Whether you are an account manager, an IT worker or someone who needs to regularly manipulate Microsoft Excel 2007 worksheet data, this course will show many functions and their capabilities.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2007
- Understand basic functions such as Sum and Average and how they are written
- Write and edit a variety of basic formulas using Excel functions
To ensure your success, we recommend the following courses have been undertaken, or equivalent knowledge gained:
If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites you may be asked to leave.
Delegates will learn how to
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Work with IF and related functions with IF in their name
- Nest functions together, not just nested IFs
- Work with array functions
- Calculate with both nested and array combined functions to maximise your formula
- Use a variety of lookup and reference functions
- Manage and manipulate date and time functions in a spreadsheet
- Control text values with text related functions
- Function Writing Review
- Review of Basic Functions
- The IF Functions
- Nested Functions
- Array Functions
- Lookup and Reference Functions
- Date and Time Functions
- Working with Text Functions
- Appendix - Rounding Numbers
QA reserves the right to improve the specification and format of its courses for the benefit of its customers without notice to the customer.
Related training courses
28 November 2014
At QA we want to push the boundaries in SharePoint learning. We want to know what you do and what you need to do. Tell us.
Microsoft and Certiport release the MOS exams for Office 2013. We review the SharePoint exam.
23 May 2014
So you have SharePoint and now you want to train all the end-users? Let's see if there's a better way.
SharePoint 2013 and Internet Explorer 10 have a stormy relationship. I think it's time for marriage guidance counselling.
04 December 2013
Where do I find my Photoshop inspirations?
One of the things we're regularly asked on courses is "is there a quicker way to do xyz?"
Very often the answer is a resounding 'yes'.
So, I thought with this post I'd cover my favourite (and most commonly used) top 20 shortcuts when working with Adobe Photoshop (either in Creative Suite or Creative Cloud).
See all related blogs